change.org just sent me a petition to demand that the US name a warship after Harvey Milk and if that isn’t the most succinct example of the way queer advocacy has been coopted by neoliberalism and the military-industrial complex, bless me I don’t know what is.
spooky orientations for halloween:
Sept. 16 8:52 am
- FBI confirms it hasn’t finished its investigation of the murder of Mike Brown
- Why Darren Wilson probably won’t go to jail
- Tired of all the talk about Ferguson?
- Melissa Harris Perry’s stunning tribute to unarmed black men gunned down by police
- Former STL Co. Police Chief explains challenge of hiring black officers
- 5 disturbing stats on black-white financial inequality
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Ferguson: An American Apartheid
- In Ferguson, a stack of warrants (video)
- Every 28 hours: 2012 annual report on the extrajudicial killings of 313 black people by police, security guards, and vigilantes (pdf)
- Survey exposes sharp racial divide. Survey results (pdf)
- When white friends don’t believe what blacks go through, they’re not friends
- What’s happening today: STL. Co. Council Meeting at 6 pm